New teachers are faced with a long list of challenges: Lesson planning, classroom management, implementing a student discipline plan, dealing with parents, managing supplies, and last (but not least)…scoring well on your first evaluation! It is overwhelming, I know. I know because I was in your shoes 19 years ago. I have made it my mission to help you as much as I can, and provide you with as much information as possible. With this in mind, I am offering you a “New Teacher Survival Kit” that will address many of the problems that you are facing as a first-year teacher:
1. I provide you a step-by-step guide to surviving the first day of school, with strategies you can use to “set the tone” for a successful year…and establish yourself as the authority figure in your classroom.
2. Next, I include a discipline plan that took me six years to “figure out” through trial-and-error. This discipline plan changed my outlook on the teaching profession, and helped me survive (and thrive!) as a teacher in an urban, economically disadvantaged school district in Houston, Texas.
3. Any teacher survival kit must include a system to deal with difficult parents. I show you how to make contact with parents (even those parents who DON’T want to keep in contact with you). I also unveil a list of “trigger words” that you should never use when speaking to parents about their children. These powerful words can turn a pleasant parent conference into a screaming match. I will show you how to present the same message about a troubled student, while still keeping parents on your side.
4. What is your Principal looking for when he/she performs your yearly evaluation? I cut through the B.S. to tell you what they are REALLY looking for, and how you can shock everyone by being “excellent” in your first year.
5. I will provide you with my personal email address, and an invitation to ask me any question about teaching and learning twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. It is like having your own personal school administrator, on call, ready to help you whenever you need it!
While doing research for this website, I came across several sites offering discipline plans for $39.99 and $49.99…some of the books I browsed at the bookstore sold for as much as $70. I keep getting emails from stock market gurus offering their services for $500 to $3,500. Whew! That’s a lot of money. I can remember being a first-year teacher, and surviving on baked potatoes and cinnamon toast. I know that you need help at an affordable price. I make a good living as an administrator, and don’t need to soak you for an outrageous amount of money so that you can have a great first year of teaching. So… I am happy to announce that you can download my “New Teacher Survival Kit” for the low price of just $20. That’s right, for the price of eight school lunches, you can download a kit that will greatly reduce the stress you are feeling as a first-year teacher, and get your career off on the right foot! I do not want you to be one of the 50% of teachers who don’t make it three years in this great and noble profession. Order my kit today! Yes, I said $20…that is not a misprint!
Get your credit card ready, and click on the button at the bottom of the page to buy the most effective “stress reliever” you will ever buy! Let my 19 years of teaching, coaching, mentoring, and administrative experience go to work for you!